As of March 2018, UMD and Adobe are making it easier for students, staff, and faculty to get the most from Adobe’s Creative Cloud software with two big changes to the way you log in and renew/install products.
First, we’ve implemented a sign on process that’s integrated with our Central Authentication System (CAS). When signing into Adobe Creative Cloud, you should now choose the “Enterprise ID login.” You will then be directed to log in with your UMD Directory ID and password.
Second: We’re getting rid of the hassle of product keys and yearly renewals. You no longer need license keys to install the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite, nor do you need to renew subscriptions annually.
What it means for you:
- You’ll need to log in as an Enterprise user from now on.
- You won’t need to obtain and redeem Adobe Creative Cloud product codes every year.
- If you have files, libraries, or settings linked to your Adobe personal account, you may want to sync them to your Enterprise account.
- Also, assets created with your current, personal Adobe account will be accessible until 30 days after your current individual subscription expires.
- If you want to take advantage of the Adobe Education Exchange, you still can--but you’ll need to log into it as with an Adobe personal account. You can’t use it from your enterprise account.