On Saturday, August 1 between 1 and 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 2 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., the Division of Information Technology plans to upgrade an Oracle production database from release 220.127.116.11 to release 18.104.22.168. The upgrade is essential in order to stay supported and licensed by the vendor and to keep up with ongoing modernization efforts for IT systems.
The Oracle database that will be upgraded is ITAP10 which will result in the outage of several IT services that depend on it. The systems that will be impacted are, but are not limited to, the following:
- Student Information System (SIS)
- University of Maryland Electronic Grading System (UMEG)
- Payroll and Human Resources System (PHR)
- Kuali Financial System (KFS)
- Student Accounts Receivable
- Student Financial Aid
- ELMS Management Tool (not ELMS-Canvas)
The following systems are expected to remain in service but may be slightly impacted as they may have dependencies on the database being upgraded:
- Email services
- University website (Although some of the services available from it may not be accessible)
- KFS web reporting
- University Directory login services
Please contact the IT Service Desk at 301.405.1500 or itsupport.umd.edu with any questions. The IT Service Desk website, itsupport.umd.edu, will provide any outage-related updates.