The Fall 2019 Dell bulk buy period for UMD institutional purchases is October 14 through December 16, 2019. Dell has created a special website for this bulk purchase timeframe; registration on the site is not required. The bulk discount is 5 to 7% off on select configurations. Bulk buy pricing is displayed online so that you can proceed directly to ordering once you have configured your items and saved them as an e-quote.
To complete the bulk buy ordering process:
Starting October 14, 2019 go to the UMD Dell Bulk Buy site. The top portion of the site will display “College Park FallBulkBuy19.”
Choose items from the “Standard Configurations” list to receive the bulk discount.
Save as an e-quote.
- Please name the order with your college and department name.
- Please include contact and shipping information as well as your email address.
- NOTE: Your e-quote may reflect “estimated tax.” This should be removed during the checkout process.
- Record your e-quote number(s).
Proceed directly to ordering the e-quote.
- Order the equipment via the Dell Master Contract by using a master contract release or departmental p-card. In the tax exemption section, be sure that the “I am tax exempt” radio button is selected before submitting the order.
- The Dell bulk buy is not available through Shell Shop. Please use the KFS requisition to create a purchase order using the instructions below.
- All orders MUST be processed by Monday, December 16, 2019. To assure that your e-quote will be processed by the end of the bulk buy, please complete purchases by Monday, December 9, 2018.
Margi Rodriguez (512.513.3891, Margaret.Rodriguez@Dell.com) from Dell is the central point person for questions about items on the Dell bulk purchase site as well as status of the orders. Additional configurations and peripherals are available through the bulk buy; you may reach out to Margi if you would like a quote for an item not included in our standard configurations.
Please contact Michael Hooker at Terrapin Tech (301.405.3028, email@example.com) if you need any assistance with your Fall 2019 bulk buy order.
Go to Requisition to begin the Requisition process.
Under the Vendor tab, select the magnifying glass button next to the Contract Name field.
This will take you to the Vendor Contract Lookup page. Under the Vendor Contract Number field, enter “12160” to search for the Dell vendor contract.
Select Return Value to add the Vendor Contract to the Requisition.
Once the Vendor Contract is selected, all the required Vendor information will automatically populate on the Requisition and you may proceed with finalizing the Requisition.