From 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 3 until 6 a.m. on Monday, June 5, 2017, Facilities Management and the Division of Information Technology will perform significant electrical and network upgrades to the university’s data centers to enhance their overall reliability and security.
While these upgrades may result in potential disruptions to some DIT-provided internal systems and services, the following university IT systems will NOT be impacted and will remain in service during the upgrades:
- Wired and wireless Internet access and telephone service from campus locations
- TERPmail and UMD Google email and calendar systems for students, faculty, and staff
- ELMS-Canvas, the online learning management system for UMD
- University website (however, some services accessed via the website will not be working)
- Independent systems operated by colleges and departments in separate IT facilities