ACT - Academic Computers for Terps
The University of Maryland's ACT - Academic Computers for Terps - program allows registered students, faculty, and staff of the University of Maryland, College Park to purchase Apple and Dell computers at or below standard discounts, as well as receive substantial added benefits in technical support and warranty protection.
Information regarding the 4-year AppleCare warranty
We very much regret that Apple has removed the 4-year AppleCare warranty from the online store. The 4-year AppleCare warranty is still available for purchase from the on-campus Terrapin Technology Store. To obtain your ACT Apple machine with the 4-year coverage, please contact the Terrapin Technology Store at 301.314.7000.
Information about the ACT program, including but not limited to hardware items and bundles, software and all pricing, is confidential to authorized members of the University of Maryland, College Park. Unauthorized release of such information accessed through use of a University Directory ID and password may result in cancelled sales and/or revocation of rights to participate in the program.
- Computers are chosen for use on the university networks (both wired and wireless) and with university software programs.
- Computers are protected by as many as four years of vendor phone support and warranty protection.
- Warranty repairs are processed on campus and performed by vendor-certified technicians.
- Loaner computers are available if repairs require the ACT computer to remain at the repair shop overnight.
- The ACT program, in conjunction with IT's Software Licensing group, offers discounted software.